A county named after the Grand River, an early name for the Colorado River.
Welcome to Grand County, Colorado
A place we call home. A place we hope you can call home too.
Located just 2 hours from Denver, Grand County is home to the headwaters of the Colorado River, miles of hiking trails, and over 14,000 full-time residents. Surrounded by the beautiful Rocky Mountains, people treasure Grand County for it’s adventuring attitude and beautiful 360 degree views. The county was founded in 1874 and was named after Grand Lake and the Grand River (a former name of the Colorado River). Grand County is also referred to as Middle Park and is part of the 2nd congressional district of the State of Colorado.
Grand County has more than 10 national protected areas that include forests and wilderness areas such as the Rocky Mountain National Park, and there are 2 ski resorts to explore in the summer and winter – Winter Park Resort and Granby Ranch. Residents of Grand County enjoy fishing, hiking, backpacking, skiing, snowshoeing, and just about any other type of outdoor sport to keep active year-round.
Grand County communities include Winter Park, Fraser, Tabernash, Granby, Grand Lake, Hot Sulphur Springs (the county seat), Parshall, Kremmling, and a little place called Radium.
If you’re looking to learn more about Grand County and if it’s the right place for you to build your new home, we invite you to explore the links below to learn more, or ask our team directly why they love to call Grand County home.
Visit Grand County, Colorado
established February 1874
Grand County Resources
The Territory of Colorado established Grand County in February 1874, taking its name from Grand Lake and Grand River (now known as the Colorado River); therefore becoming a county two years before Colorado became an official state. Grand County was originally carved out of Summit County and contained land north and west of state borders. On January 29, 1877, Routt County was formed, and Grand County shrunk down to its current western boundaries. Grand County is made up of several towns: Granby, Grand Lake, Hot Sulphur Springs, Kremmling, Parshall, Tabernash, Fraser, and Winter Park. Each town has a rich and unique history of its own. Read more about Grand County history.
Grand County Historic Sites and Museums
- Cozens Ranch Museum and Stage Stop
- E. C. Yust Homestead
- Emily Warner Field Aviation Muesum
- Grand Lake Lodge
- Grand County Historical Society
- Henry W. Rhone Homestead Cabin
- History of Water
- Holzwarth Historic Districts
- Kauffman House Muesum
- Kawuneeche Visitor Center
- Kremmling Heritage Park
- Lulu City
- Milner Pass Road Camp Mess Hall and House
- Moffat Road Railroad Museum
- Pioneer Village Museum
- Smith Eslick Cottage Court
- Easy access to Denver airport with an average of a 2 hour drive.
- Colorado’s favorite Winter Park Ski Resort.
- Close to Rocky Mountain National Park and other public lands to enjoy trails, camping, and wildlife viewing.
- Grand Lake, the largest natural lake in Colorado, and the Colorado River provides fishing, boating, and world class white water rafting.
- Great real estate investment opportunities.
- An excellent school system with 4 elementary schools, 3 middle schools, and 3 high schools.
- Year-round outdoor activities and adventures.
- Horseback Riding
- Golf & Tennis
- Mountaineering/Rock Climbing
- River & Lake Boating Activities
- Arts Activities
- Hiking & Camping
- Scenic/Wildlife Viewing
- Backcountry Adventures
- Local Theaters
- Downhill Skiing
- Sledding & Tubing
- Nordic Skiing
- Sled Dog Rides/Races
- Grand County Government and County Services
- Grand County Economic Development
- Grand County Courts
- Grand County Rural Health Network
- Grand County Builders Association
- Grand County Sheriff’s Office
Millworks Construction Services, LLC cannot guarantee the performance of the contractors listed below. You as the hiring party should research each contractor before hiring them for work, including (but not limited to) requesting a resume, a list of former clients, and reading online reviews. If you would like to speak with our team about any of the contractors listed below, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (970) 726-9225.
Catastrophe and Restoration Services
- Grand Electrical Services
- Grand Lake Electric & Heating, Inc, (970) 627-9686
- Power to the People
- R&R Ink Electrical Services, (970) 887-2830
- Treeline Electric, (970) 531-4782
- Harms & Sons Excavating LLC, (970) 531-7589
- Middle Park Excavation
- Stanley Excavating Inc, (970)627-8304
- CRS Painting (Caesar Soto), (303) 304-2983
- MAR Painting, LLC (Frank Marquez), (970) 531-0576
- Mark Brennan (970) 531-8134
- Moore Brothers Painting
- Rick’s Grand Painting
(Gilbert “Rick” Gallegos), (970) 584-8488
- Rocky Mtn Freedom Painting (Tony Fattore), (303) 929-8278
- B & J Plumbing & Heating
- Granby Heating & Sheet Metal, Inc.
- Grand County Plumbing & Heating, (970) 887-0497
- Grand Lake Plumbing Company
- Rocky Mountain Heat Connection, (970) 531-1104
- Rocky Mountain Radiant, (970) 887-3647
- Sawyer Brossart, (970) 518-2129
Snow Removal Services